Monday, June 2, 2008

Before+After, knife and forks



I've been referred to as a "trashcan".
Not by people who hate me, but by people who absolutely love me unconditionally.
This caused some laughter, that good hearted laugh, the kind where you laugh at your misadventures.
It's robust laugh and it comes from your soul.
Indeed there have been a few misadventures and more than a few close calls.

But in the quiet- you start thinking of what you were and who you are now, I truly am a lucky man.
Somewhere along the line- I stopped being a "trashcan" and became...... I don't know what I became/or have become but the word "trash" does not feel apt anymore. It once did- and I didn't care.

I read this recently and It hit me very close, its funny what one can relate to:
"It's not that I wanted to die, its just that I didn't want to live anymore"

I do now, and I'm very happy about this turn of events!