Monday, September 29, 2008

On Puking....

Unfortunately I do not have an old photo of puke 
to post up- 
That's right friends- It's been a while
since I've been on my knees in front of a 
toilet.  
Or out on the streets, hunched over
a sidewalk, holding on to a building that's swaying back 
and forth...

I remember performing this ritual quite often,
(usually due to misadventure, seldom to illness), 
it agonized me.  How can something so good make you 
feel so bad 10 hours later???  

The ABSOLUTE worse of these many instances was on my 20th bday.
My folks decided to take me out to Red Lobster for dinner
(why they would take a vegetarian there is beyond me).

I showed up very hungover from the week long Luis-Palooza
that had been taken place in El Monte and Norwalk and East LA.
My dad recognized my condition immediately and shot me a look 
of disappointment.  My mom though I was......  my mom was in denial.

The kicker was trying not to puke in my mom's new Camry though.
Holding puke in is 100 times worse than trying to hold a shit BTW-
Anyways... I couldn't hold it much longer.  I ended puking out the side 
of the car as we approached the valet parking... 

That's right folks, Red Lobster has a valet.
Worse night of my life (up to that point).