Monday, September 1, 2008

Faith in the Future

I'm very bummed out over some deeply personal things...
I will say that having faith in the universe is completely
essential to living on this planet and is helping me in this difficult time.
How else could anyone possibly function?

I'm not talking about religion or anything organized with rules
and traditions and formalities (though I am a proud Catholic).

I'm just talking about the day to day business of being human.
It's hard to live with cognitive thought and opposable thumbs.

We have this heavy burden on our shoulders,
the burden of thinking- the capability of thought is both wonderful and very disturbing.

It means that we are constantly thinking about things- everything from the mundane to the fantastical.
Somewhere in between we make decisions that will impact our lives in ways that we will not be totally sure of
until years later.
This is a very scary prospect.
We are speculating on the outcome of our decisions and we will have to
live with the consequences perpetually.

This is totally fucked up.